You are invited to achieve fundraising success with this full-day
training event. Presented by the Association of Fundraising
Professionals, your leading source of fundraising expertise.
8:00am to 4:30pm
of The Osborne Group
Goodwin is Principal of The Osborne Group, an internationally
recognized firm that specializes in organizational management,
philanthropy and opinion research. Laura joined The Osborne Group in
2002 and holds over 20 years of fundraising experience. She has worked
closely with national organizations like the American Cancer
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, Easter Seals, National 4-H Council
and Girls Incorporated to design and deliver comprehensive fund
development training solutions. To learn more visit: www.theosbornegroup.com
High Impact Professional
Members $55, Non-Members $65, Students $30
- Getting to Yes: Having Purposeful Coversations
with Your Donors
- Kick off the day with a double session that covers all the core elements
of successful relationship building, from the first time you meet a
prospective donor through the "Joyful Yes!" to the gift you want. Over
the course of the morning, we will practice:
- Strategic questioning and listening skills,
- Discuss how to get the appointment and plan your visits from discovery,
- How to create opportunities to engage donors with your mission and work,
- Use stewardship to inspire greater levels of giving,
- And, in the end, how to make "The Ask!"
- Working the Room: Making Moves at Your Events
- Meeting new people on behalf of your institution can be daunting if you
are unprepared. Join us for a quick and fun, experiential session on
socializing with a purpose. We'll explore how to plan and maximize
professional opportunities when meeting new prospective donors at events
and other social settings. Find out how to approach people; how to
start, maintain, and end conversations graciously; how to create
opportunities for follow up; and how to work as a team member with
- Double Your Donors in Two Years
- Building a major gift program from the ground up can be an overwhelming
task. How will you get your current donors to give at major gift levels?
How will you find enough new donors to invest in your dreams? In this
practical session, you will develop a two-year plan to double the number
of donors giving to your organization! You will walk away with concrete
action steps and lots of motivation.
- Manage Your Time & Energy ... and Still
Have a Life
- Your world is full of mixed messages: Close, close, close gifts - But...
respect the donor's timeline. Get out the door - But... document what
you are doing and attend (lots of!) meetings. Find and qualify new
donors while providing stewardship and keeping current donors. It is a
tough balancing act. You know that you could work 24 hours a day, seven
days a week and never be finished. Couple that with the fact that
success brings more work and you understand why you're always running as
well as running out of time and energy. This problem-solving,
interactive session is designed to help you (and your team) effectively
manage your conflicting responsibilities, growing portfolio, time,
energy, resources, and responsibilities and still have a life. We'll
diagnose the problems, assess skills and circumstances, and develop
sure-fire solutions that you can take home and apply immediately.
Parking is free.
Continental breakfast and lunch are included.
Directions and Parking:
Top of the Market
32 Webster St
Dayton, OH 45402
Continuing Education Units:
6.5 Continuing Education Points for Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE)
You will receive your handouts by email several days prior to the event.
Deadline for Registration is April 4, 2014.